**Revised March 15, 2016 for even more gooey goodness!
Yield: 12 Large Cup Cakes
2 Cups (500 ml) Valley Kitchen Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend
2 Tbsp (30 ml) Baking Powder
1 tsp (5 ml) Baking Soda
1 Cup (250 ml) White Sugar
1 1/4 Cups (310 ml) Cocoa Powder, Sifted
2 1/2 Cups (625 ml) Water
2 Eggs, Large
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 Cups (375 ml) Chocolate Chips
12 Chocolate Chunks (Optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2) Lightly spray with oil 12 large non-stick muffin tins.
3) In a large bowl, combine the Multi-Purpose Flour Blend, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and sifted cocoa. Whisk to blend.
4) Mix the water, eggs and oil; beat until combined.
5) Beat the liquid ingredients into the dry mixture until well combined
6) Stir in the chocolate chips.
7) Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
8) (Optional) Press chocolate chunks into the top of each muffin.
9) Bake for 25 to 27 minutes.
If you are using a convection oven, be sure to reduce the time and/or baking temperature. Check after 18 minutes.
Cool for 5 minutes and remove from the tins to a cooling rack.
Ice with chocolate frosting or sprinkle with icing sugar as desired.