Yield: 48 Cookies
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Butter, Salted, Room Tempurature
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Golden Flax Flour
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Icing Sugar
1/4 Cup (60 ml) Orange Juice
1 tsp (5 ml) Vanilla
3 Cups (750 ml) Valley Kitchen Wheat Free Cake & Loaf Mix
2 Tbsp (30 ml) Coloured Sprinkles (optional)
Buckwheat flour for rolling
1. With an electric mixer, cream the butter. Blend in the Golden Flax Flour and icing sugar. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
2. Add the orange juice and vanilla. Beat to mix.
3. Fold the Valley Kitchen Wheat Free Cake & Loaf Mix into the batter until well blended and then add in the coloured sprinkles. Kneed as required to pull the dough together.
4. Lightly flour the counter and roll the dough to about 1/2 cm thick.
5. Cut with a 5 cm (2 inch) round or decorative cookie cutter. Gather remaining dough together, roll, and cut. Repeat until all of the dough has been used.
6. Lift the cookies with a spatula and place them on a dry baking sheet.
7. Bake in an oven preheated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.