Yield: 2 serving
1/2 lb (225 g) Chicken, Boneless
1/4 Cup (60 ml) Valley Kitchen All-Purpose Flour Blend
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Valley Kitchen All--Purpose Flour Blend
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Baking Powder
1 tsp (5 ml) Your Favourite Seasoning
2 Egg White
1/3 to 1/2 Cup (90 to 125 ml) Water
1/2 Cup (125 ml) (Optional) Valley Kitchen All-Purpose Flour Blend or Valley Kitchen Flax n' Breading Blend
Vegetable Oil For Deep Frying
1) Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2) Cut the chicken into serving size pieces.
3) Dust each piece with the first 1/4 cup of the flour blend.
4) Mix the second 1/2 cup of the flour blend with the baking powder and your favourite seasoning.
5) Whisk the egg white and water together
6) Combine the egg/water mix and seasoned flour.
7) Whisk to blend into a thick batter.
8) Thoroughly coat the dusted chicken with batter.
9) (Optional) For a crispier finish, coat the battered chicken with additional flour blend or Valley Kitchen breading blend.
10) Using long tongs, hold the battered chicken in the hot fat for a few seconds and the release.
11) Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cut.
Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrient facts