A seasonal treat you can enjoy anytime of the year.
Yield: 30 cookies
1/3 Cup (80 ml) Butter, Room Temperature
1/4 Cup (60 ml) Crosby's Fancy Molasses
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Sugar
1 tsp (5 ml) Ground Ginger
1 tsp (5 ml) Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Ground Cloves
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Ground Nutmeg or Cardamom
1/4 Cup (60 ml) Heavy Cream
1 tsp (5 ml) Baking Soda
2 1/4 Cups (560 ml) Valley Kitchen Multi-Purpose Flour Blend
extra flour for kneading
1) Beat together the butter and molasses.
2) Beat in the sugar and spices.
3) Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
4) With a wooden spoon or heavy spatula, fold in the whipped cream.
5) Whisk together the baking soda and flour and then add to creamed mixture in three additions. Mix until just combined.
6) Refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight.
7) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
8) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
9) Remove the dough from the fridge and scrape it onto a lightly floured surface. Shape and flatten for rolling.
10) On a very lightly floured surface roll to 1/4" thickness. Cut into Holiday shapes.
11) Place on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 6 to 7 minutes. Watch closely.
12) Cool on the pan for several minutes and then move to a rack to cool completely.