1 1/2 Cup (375 ml) Valley Kitchen Multi-Purpose Flour Blend
1 Tbsp (15 ml) Baking Powder
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Baking Soda
3/4 Cup (180 ml) Sugar
1 Egg, Large
3 Tbsp (45 ml) Lemon Juice and Zest
1/4 (60 ml) Valley Kitchen Multi-Purpose Flour Blend
1/2 Cup (125 ml) Blueberries, Wild, Fresh or Frozen
4 tsp (20 ml) Lemon Juice
4 tsp (20 ml) White Sugar
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine the multi-purpose flour blend, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
2) Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the milk, egg, lemon juice and zest.
3) Beat until well blended.
4) Flour the berries and fold them, with the dusting flour, into the batter.
5) Pour the batter into a medium, oiled, non-stick loaf pan.
6) Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 to 55 minutes.
7) Cool for 5 minutes and turn out onto a rack.
8) Brush the top of the loaf with the lemon-sugar mixture.
Combine the remaining lemon juice and sugar. Heat, mixing until the sugar is dissolved. Brush over the top of the loaf.