Yield: 24 Oat Cakes
2 Cups (500ml) Valley Kitchen Multi-purpose Flour Blend
2 1/2 Cups (625ml) Gluten Free Oatmeal
1/2 Cup (88g) Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) Salt
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) Baking Powder
3/4 Cup (180ml) Butter (Room Temperature)
1/2 Cup (125ml) Water
Extra Oatmeal for Rolling
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celcius).
2) In a large bowl, combine Valley Kitchen Multi-purpose Flour Blend with oatmeal, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3) With your hands, cut in the butter until it is evenly blended.
4) Add the water and mix it to form a soft dough
5) Turn the dough out onto a pastry counter that is generously coated with oatmeal
6) Press the dough onto an elongated rectangle and roll out to 1/4 of an inch thick
7) Gather the scraps together and re-roll.
8) Drizzle with honey as desired.
9) Bake for 15-17 minutes and cool on a rack.
These oat cakes are both sweet and satisfying. Try adding 1/4 to 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts or dried fruit such as cranberries or sunflower seeds for additional texture and flavour!