Yield: 1 x12 inch Pizza Crust
1 2/3 Cup (1/2 package) Valley Kitchen Bread Dough Mix
3/4 Cup (180 ml) Water at 48 to 54 degrees Celcius (120 to 130 degrees Fahrenheit)
Buckwheat flour as required
1) Measure Valley Kitchen Bread Dough Mix into a bowl.
2) Heat the water. Ensure the temperature is in the required temperature range.
3) Add the water to the dry mix. Using a large spoon, mix the dough for 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside to rest for 20 or 30 minutes.
4) Prepare a work surface by coating it with gluten free flour. Buckwheat or corn flour works very well for this.
5) Turn the dough out onto the floured surface. Knead with additional flour to form a soft dough.
6) Using a rolling pin, form into the size required for your pan.
7) Sprinkle the pan with buckwheat flour to keep the dough from sticking to the pan.
8) Fold the pizza dough and lift it onto the pan. Fold the edge to thicken.
9) Let rise in a warm place for 15 to 20 minutes.
10) Bake in an oven preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes
You can either set the crust aside for later use or add your toppings immediately.
Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit with toppings for 8 to 10 minutes.
This dough makes a delicious, robust yet tender crust. It carries the toppings very well when held in the hand the way you hold a wheat based pizza. Enjoy!