Yield: 12 Large Muffins (24-30 Mini Muffins)
3 1/2 Cups (480 g) Valley Kitchen Cake & Loaf Mix
1 Cup (250 ml) White Sugar
1 tsp (5 ml) Baking Soda
2 tsp (10 ml) Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp (5 ml) Nutmeg
2 tsp (10 ml) Cinnamon
2 Large Eggs
1 Cup (250 ml) Pumpkin Puree, Pure
2 tsp (10 ml) Vanilla
1 1/4 Cup (310 ml) Orange Juice
1/4 Cup (60 ml) Candied Ginger, Finely Chopped
Cream Cheese Icing as desired
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Lightly oil 12 non-stick muffin tins.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Valley Kitchen Cake & Loaf Mix, sugar, baking soda, and spices. Mix.
4. Add the eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, orange juice and ginger.
5. Mix for a couple of minutes until the batter ingredients are well blended
6. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin cup level full. This will take a rounded scoop in each cup.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Cool and top with cream cheese icing.
This recipe can be made into 36 mini muffins; baked for 15 minutes