*Please Note: this recipe has been modified as of March 15, 2016
Yield: 36 Cookies
2 3/4 Cup (330 g) Valley Kitchen Multi-Purpose Flour Blend
1 Tbsp (15 ml) Baking Powder
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Cinnamon
1/2 Cup (120 g) Butter
1 1/4 Cup (260 g) White Granulated Sugar
1 tsp (5 ml) Vanilla
1 Large Egg
1) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. You can lightly spray the sheets to help hold the paper in place.
2) Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Stir together the flour blend, baking powder and cinnamon.
4) Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in the vanilla. Add the egg and beat until fluffy.
5) Gradually add the flour blend and beat until just combined.
6) Knead the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 5 to 10 minutes to chill..
7) Lightly flour the counter and roll the dough to about 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) thick.
9) Cut with a small decorative cookie cutter, or large round cutter, and transfer to a prepared baking sheet. Collect the trimmings together and reroll.
10) Bake in an oven preheated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes.
Sugar cookies are a favourite at home, for gifts and community bake sales. These smooth textured crunchy cookies are sure to be a great hit.
Decorate for the season:
Red cinnamon icing for Valentines
Sprinkles and cherries for Christmas
Others as your imagination directs you...