Yield: 12 Large Muffins
1 1/2 Cup (375ml) Valley Kitchen Multi-purpose Flour Blend
1 1/2 Cup (375ml) Valley Kitchen Organic Corn Flour
1 1/2 tbsp (25ml) Baking Powder
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) Baking Soday
1/2 Cup (125ml) White Granulated Sugar
2 Cups (500ml) Buttermilk, Kefir or Soured Milk
2 Large Eggs
1/3 Cup (80ml) Vegetable Oil
1 Cup (250ml) Fresh Sweet Corn, boiled and cut from the cob
Spray oil as needed
1) Turn the oven on to preheat at 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2) Lightly spray a 12 large non-stick muffin pan
3) In a large mixing bowl, combine the multi-purpose flour blend, corn flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
4) In another bowl, whick together the buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil and sweet corn niblets.
5) Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the went ingredients.
6) With a spoon or spatula, thoroughly mix the ingredients.
7) Using an ice-cream scoop, fill the muffin cups with the batter.
8) Bake for 25-27 minutes.
9) Cool for 5-10 minutes and then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
A delicious way to enjoy corn fresh off the cob
Serve warm with butter, honey or marmalade